Pandai Lab 8 brings you to learn air pressure experiment! The materials are so easy to find at your home. Believe me! This experiment is an easy activity. Super simple. You can learn and have fun with air pressure demonstration.
On 17 November 2020, Pandai will bring you to do an air pressure experiment. This experiment and demonstration are related with STEAM activity. Here the details for experiment:
Date: 17 November 2020
Title: Air Pressure Experiment
Materials: plastic bottle, balloons, straws, glass,
1. First, carefully make a small hole about half-way up the bottle using a scissor.
2. Push the straw through the bottle leaving 1/3 to 1/2 on the outside.
3. Fill the bottle about three quarters full with water.
4. Then, start to blow up the balloon and carefully place the end of the balloon on the neck of the bottle.
5. Make sure the air from the balloon does not come out of the bottle.
6. Place a glass/cup underneath the straw.
7. When you’re ready remove your hand from holding the balloon and watch as the water shoots out of the straw into your glass!
8. Be careful, the water might shoot out of the straw further than you expect.
What makes this possible and happened?
This experiment is an air pressure experiment. What is air pressure? Air pressure is the force of these particles hitting a surface. Air and its particles are crashing into us all the time. From this experiment, this works because air presses down equally on the water in the bottle and in the straw when there is no balloon present but when the air from the balloon comes out to the bottle , air from the balloon increases the air pressure in the bottle pushing down on the water, forcing it through the straw. This activity also can be related to when you suck a straw. You will reduce the pressure inside the straw, making the pressure outside the straw acting on the liquid greater than the pressure inside the straw, this pushes the liquid up the straw, allowing you to drink!
You can check the reference on this link for more details:
Check out this video Live Pandai Lab 8 for you: